After running into 2.4Ghz with Advanced Tomato decided to go back to the stock. Found the following links on the web.
Video of “Back to Netgear Genie” – http://tomato.groov.pl/?p=616
These are the steps I followed.
- Went to Tomato by Shibby page http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=164; here selected K26ARM;
- On the K26ARM page used the files under “Netgear R-Series back to OFW”
- Logged into my tomato, reset to default configuration with erasing NVRAM
- After that connected to one of the default tomato wifi networks, logged in again and upgraded the firmware using the downloaded file file R6250-back-to-ofw.trx
- After the upgrade completes, connected to one of the default netgear wifi networks (NETGEAR99 or NETGEAR99-5G), the wifi password is the one written on your router, sent from the factory. All set now back to configuring the network or should i switch to ddwrt again?
(I prefer doing all this over a wired connection instead of upgrading via wifi but too tired to care now.)